Hey Everyone..Today I’ll be sharing my review on the Contour Stick from the brand Makeup Revolution London. Before buying this, I had no idea what contouring was. But after using it, I got to know, what difference a contouring can make to your face. I have been using this for almost one year now and am completely loving it. So here’s my thoughts about the product..
About the Product- The One Blush Stick “Matte Malibu”
Packaging: This comes in a matte black plastic stick in a twist up form. The product comes in a bullet form just like a lipstick. The quantity of the product is very good and a little will go a long way. The overall packaging is quite a sturdy and travel friendly which I really like. Good!!
Pigmentation & Formula: When it comes to color payoff, it’s pretty intense and pigmented. A little sweep of the product gives immense pigmentation. The formula is very creamy and seemingly blend-able settling into a powdery matte finish. It settles down really quick, so make sure to blend it as soon as it’s applied. The staying power is also very good. It stays for about good 5-6 hours without fading or even more.
Color: Matte Malibu is a warm toned terracotta brown shade with an orange tinge to it. As the name says, it’s completely matte in finish. Can be worn both as contour or a blush. Would look best on medium to dark skin tones. But for the light/fair skin tones, it might can end up looking too orangy. It’s also advised to use it on the lips, however, I don’t think I’d really use it as a lipstick. But on the face, it’s damn good.
How to Use/Blend the Product:
I use this product on two different ways, depending on the occasion or mood:
- First way to apply it as directly with the stick and then blend with a contour brush or any other brush. But, you need to be cautious while applying it as it’s super pigmented and you may end up having way too much of product on face. Also, it settles pretty fast. This is when I want the contour to be pretty intense.
- Second way to apply it, by first applying the product on the brush and then using it on the face. By this way, the contouring can be achieved in a pretty controlled way. For beginners, this way is much better to start off with the technique.
- Highly Pigmented
- Serves both the purposes-blush & contour
- Easily Blend-able
- Easily build-able. Doesn’t feel patchy even after 2 applications.
- Gives a Powdery Matte Finish
- Good Longevity
- Best for medium to dusky skin tones
- Could be a little tricky for beginners
- Not suited for fair/light skin tones
Overall, I am happy to have this product. It’s an amazing product to achieve that perfect contoured or bronzed look. The pigmentation is great and a little product is all you need. I definitely recommend it to give it a try. Could be a little tricky for the beginners, but starting off with a little product will definitely help. And not to forget..blend, blend, blend..
Overall Rating: 4/5 (very good)